I’ve been in the business of making words work for more than two decades.
I’ve sat on both sides of the keyboard: For years, I was a freelance journalist writing for local, national and international magazines and newspapers. Later, I joined an editorial team, creating and managing content for an award-winning website. Next stop? Providing comprehensive content services for a San Francisco-based strategic content provider.
My services include:
- Developing content at any stage of the writing and editing process. I can start with a blank page, or I can tweak – or completely revamp – existing information.
- Creating content for all types of communication tools: websites, brochures, newsletters, collateral material and more.
- Establishing an appropriate “voice” for your target audience. Is it warm and friendly? Cool and professional? Strictly business? We’ll figure it out.
- Determining and organizing the right content categories for your website. FAQs? Q&As? Ps and Qs? You get the idea.
- Editing academic papers and tutoring for students of all ages. Are you a “mature” student who hasn’t had a writing assignment this decade? Don’t panic.
- Writing and editing speeches and presentations. Whether you’re standing up in front of the board of directors or giving a toast at a wedding, I’ll help you feel prepared.*
I am versatile and efficient, with experience in a broad range of topics including technology, parenting, alternative medicine, health and fitness, and travel. The truth is, the subject matter doesn’t much matter. I can put your words to work and help transform them into powerful tools of branding, marketing, and, of course, communication.
By the way, I have a M.A. in English Literature from the Bread Loaf School of English (Middlebury College) and a B.A. in English from the University of Vermont. My academic scholarships and awards include Phi Beta Kappa and Magna cum Laude.
I was raised in the South Island of New Zealand. I’ve also called Vermont, Santa Fe and San Francisco home. Now, my family and I live in Marin County, CA. Besides writer and editor, I’m also a painter. Check out my art website, www.cheekykiwicreations.com.
* I’m also a registered Universal Life Church minister, so I can conduct the wedding ceremony, to boot!